Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Crapety, crap, crap...

So I've done gone and injured myself.

I went for a run on Thursday, after basically taking a week hiatus due to a cold with major athsma issues. I had tried to run on Monday night, but it just didn't work out that well so I stopped after 30 minutes. So anyhow, I completed my run feeling basically good. I didn't feel sore or anything. I went on with my day, did my ceramics class that night and walking downstairs from there my calf was a bit tight. I thought nothing of it, it's pretty normal for my calves to be tight from running. Then I woke-up on Friday with a major pain in my ankle/shin/foot area, I hoped that as the day went on it would go away. It didn't. It progressed quite nicely over the weekend, swelling up a bit at night and the pain keeps keeping on. It's not like it's debilitating pain, just annoying and always there, I can still walk on my foot and use the clutch on the car.

Anyhow, Harris had a Dr's appt. on Monday so I hijacked it a little and asked about my limpy ankle. My darling Dr. took a look at it and sent me in for x-rays. It could be a small tendon tear, which I can keep running and dosing with Advil and icing after every run OR it could be a small fracture in my ankle. The thing is that the pain is most persistent right AT my ankle bone. I'm a little concerned. I went in for my x-rays today and hopefully I won't hear back from anyone and it will be nothing major. If I do hear back from someone it will be in the next few days. Ugh.

In other news, I was surfing around the net last night and checking out some different blogs and I came across a link to a challenge to take a picture every day for a year. 365 days of pictures. Isn't that the coolest thing? I think it is and have decided to go for it. I mean, I'm a month into the year, but whatever. I would like to make a go of it and see what kind of pictures I can get out of it. I have already taken 3 pictures today! Seeing as we have buckets and buckets (well, not by NY State standards) of fresh snow so Dawn wanted me to take a picture of her making a snow angel. At least I can't hurt myslef doing it. Here's Dawn, Harris and our pissy cat Jessie.


1 comment:

Mitch said...

365 Photo's is such a cool idea. Can I piggy back on the idea and do it too? I'm terrible at remembering to take photo's, often important events come and go and we have no pictures. I was actually saying to hubby yesterday that I wanted to take more pictures, more often.

I hope your foot is feeling better.