Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunshiny day...

I love it when the sun shines down on the snow, as the snow is melting. Ahhh....makes me feel like winter just might be over.

The kids are off of school for a week, and I'm feeling rather positive about it. We crafted on Friday afternoon, painted some cool little picture frames (I'm going to put their faces in it this week). Junior was off all weekend, the first 2 days off in a row since Christmas, it was really quite nice. Today my Dad dropped off his car for Junior to borrow but then I had to drive him back home. It was a 2 hour round-trip ride, and it was really nice. I enjoyed the quiet, the sunshine. I got to go on a quick grocery trip just by myself, limping around the store, but still it was nice.

I have also spent the weekend resting and icing my ankle. I'm still not sure what's wrong with it, it's still quite sore and likes to swell a lot when I stand at all. I think the half-marathon is out, at least for this summer, maybe in the fall I can try again. In the meantime I'm going to do my best to stay focused on doing weights and trying once again to eat less food. With this ankle pain and the disappointment that goes with it has sent me for a bit of a tailspin in the eating department. I need to get that under control again, and maybe have a few days with an actual deficit, what a thought! My whole family was SO happy tonight when we had a big fruit salad for dessert. I think they are all missing the healthy food too.

The highlight of this week off is heading down to my sister's house. The kids have been hounding me as to how many sleeps left. I think that's going to be the hardest part of this week, waiting to go. Only 4 sleeps left.

Phew.

1 comment:

Em said...

I love the picture and the crafty people!

Funny how a trip to the grocery store can be a peaceful break if you are all alone :)