Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Beautiful

So today I was running. I'm building mileage and the going is tough. As much as I love running, this is hard to do and it is easy to tell myself it's OK to stop.

So I had decided that I was doing 32 minutes of a run/walk, running 4 minutes and walking 2 minutes, with a 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down. I was on my last interval and really struggling, only one minute to go. I CAN DO IT! Then finally the minute counts down and I can walk again, I'm done running. At this time the song ends and a new one begins. My MP3 player is on shuffle, so you just never know what you are going to get.

Christina Agulara's song, Beautiful, came on. And I burst into tears.

I did it, I ran what I had planned, not a minute short and not for anyone else but ME. I AM Beautiful, no matter what you say.

What a great way to end a run. I am beautiful. Sweat dripping off of my brow, smelly and red faced.

This is how beautiful looks to me.

No comments: