Thursday, November 09, 2006

Diet, Exercise...blah...

So, I started reading YOU: On a Diet: The Owners Manual to Waist Management this past week. I was watching Oprah last week and she had Dr. Oz on (I don't normally watch Oprah) and he was talking about his new book and the effects of dieting on your body. I, of course, got sucked in and bought the book the next day. It's an interesting read, not inspring at this point, but interesting. I'm just hoping to find something to get my mind in gear so that I can get into this whole diet thing. I'm tired of the run-around that I have been on for the past two years. I need to get my shit together and get past this.

I've been procrastinating my workouts, my running, my eating right. And this needs to stop. I hate being the fat sister, the fat friend, even though I'm really not that big. I have everything I need to get this done, I just need to find my motivation. I DID convince Junior to let me get a treadmill, now I just have to find one that we can afford. I'm hoping to get something second hand through the bargain finder or something, and maybe I can get something older, but nicer. With the weather we have been having this past month, it certainly has been easy to put off doing anything outside!

Anyhow, if I want to run that half-marathon next summer then I'm going to have to start getting something going. If nothing else, I have to run in order to be able to accomplish that goal. It's a big one, but I WANT to do it. I DO. I CAN. I WILL.

Anyone have a treadmill they want to sell?

No comments: