Sunday, October 29, 2006

Brrrrr........cough, cough....

I've had a cold for 3 days now and it has kicked my butt. I'm finally feeling like I can stay up past 8 o'clock in the evening without passing out and not needing a box of kleenex with me at all times. Unfortunatley it has gone into my lungs and I started coughing today, hopefully that part will go away soon, it has wreaked havoc on my athsma. I just want to feel well again. Junior has had this cold for 2 weeks now, I feel really bad for him.

Today we woke up to a whole crap-load of snow. All the snow we had a few weeks ago has melted and we had beautiful weather. Then yesterday things got bad. We have about 5 cm's of snow all together, which isn't that much I guess, but the sucky thing is that it's here to stay. Winter is officially here. The kids are going to be heading out trick-or-treating in their snow suits again this year. Blech. I hate winter. But on the plus side I finally got a new winter coat! I have been lusting after a new one (none specific just a new one) and we finally went out and got one today, and for the first time in my life I have a white one. Oh lordy, this could get ugly. I will have to do my best not to be a total slob, it's gonna be tough because it's just in my blood. Sorry to say, but if you know my Mom, then you would understand the genes I'm working with.

We also had a productive afternoon of pumpkin carving. I had bought 3 pumpkins, one for Ash, one for Dawn and a big one for "Harris" (or maybe me!). But the one that Dawn picked out was super tough, I couldn't even cut through it. So I convinced Junior to get out his power tools and we cut big holes in it (eyes, nose, mouth) and it worked out pretty slick. I mean, it doesn't have great character that the girls pumpkins do, but I like it! And it was a nice way for Junior to get involved. he, he, he.....

Trick or treat!

2 comments:

Em said...

I love those jack o lanterns - gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very cool jacks! I love the power tool idea ...