Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cursed

I have to admit it. I'm cursed.

If you are a hairdresser and I start to really like you and make you my regular hairdresser, then something will happen to you and you will quit hairdressing. Or move to another salon waaayyy across town where I can't find you. And if you become my Dr. you will decide that this whole "general practitioner" gig isn't all it's cracked up to be and you will quit. So be forewarned, it's the curse of ME! I have had this happen to 3 hairdressers and, now, 2 Dr's.

Today I phoned to make an appt. for Ash to see our Dr., a wonderful young-ish Dr. that has delivered all 3 of my kids, only to find out that next week is her last week Dr-ing. I have to apologize to the poor receptionist for not understanding me once I broke down into sobbing tears. I'm rattled by this news, because I love my Dr., I trust her and feel like I can talk to her about anything. Now I'm told that I won't be out a Dr., they will find me a new one but in the meantime I have to see the resident Dr's. I mean I 'm grateful that I will have a Dr., because too many people here in the land of plenty don't have one, it's just that I want my Dr. I want to be able to take my kids in and get a straight answer, or to be able to talk about my medical history and have them have a clue as to what I am talking about. Urgh!!!
_________________________________________________

So the past few weeks have been trying. I don't know if it's the weather, or the time of year as I seem to get this way every spring, or just the stress of life. But I have been on quite a low and I am having trouble working my way out. Some days I think that I really need to get my butt back to work so that I can feel important again. But then I DO enjoy being home with my kids and I don't want to go back to work, and I know that my job here is important. It just doesn't really feel that way from day to day. The money stress has gotten to me as well, and I'm really hoping that now that Junior is back to work from school things will start to look up again that way. I have started back on a diet, as I have fallen off the wagon terribly since my ankle injury, but have yet to start exercising regularly again, something that is a must so that I can have the body I want. I did go to a yoga class with a girlfriend last night, which was my first and lots of fun. I think we are going to make this a regular thing

I'm hoping that these small things will help me turn things around before they start getting too bad. I mean, those purple pills do work wonders but I'm feeling like I take enough drugs right now, I would hate to have to start taking more.
___________________________________________________

Potty training was a complete failure. We tried, but had a few too many accidents to keep going. And Harris was starting to refuse to go, not good. So I tried to ease back and have him try on his own, but he is now refusing that. So I guess we will try again in the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than getting a good GP and having them leave. You're right, they are few and far between in the land of plenty.
And you know what, a hairdresser is almost as important. Men don't understand the importance of a good stylist to a woman.

There must be some air mass over the Great White North. I too have been feeling a little funky. I am hoping that a trip to the mountains will lift my spirits this weekend.
Taking a break from the biggy potty task sounds like a good idea. They way I figured it, they eventually figure out it's way easier to use a toilet than waste time having to be changed.

Mitch said...

You know I have the same trouble with doctors and hairdressers. At the moment I avoid going to the doctors if I can and I'm dreading the day my rheumatologist quits, I hate the thought of getting another one.