Thursday, April 05, 2007

April snow brings May blow....

Nope, that's not it.

OK, enough is enough. I am SO sick and tired of the fucking snow. I mean, come on already! It is April, springtime apparently.

It has not stopped snowing since Sunday, we have a good foot of snow in the front, and at least 3 feet piled-up on the deck out back. I am cold all of the time and it is dreary and grey outside. I've had enough, my poor little fingers can't take being cold anymore, and my brain can't handle the pull of the grey skies. I've been feeling depressed for the past week, and I just couldn't figure out why this was happening. Today I figured it out, it's because we haven't seen the sun in days and instead of gearing-up for warmer weather, we are still wearing winter coats and boots. What happened to global warming? Doesn't that mean it's supposed to get warmer. I'm not getting it.

Ugh!

I've got nothin' else today. Just too cold to type.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(spotted you on Em's blog)

Oh Lynne,
I hear ya! I too am in the Great White North and am so flippin tired of snow and dull skies. Isn't it amazing just how quickly it can turn us all into grumpy piles of melancholy goo?
Our forecast north of Red Deer is warm for the arrival of the bunny. I hope yours is too.

PS. I just read your post about your meeting with the teachers and the IPP. Personally, I love it when the parent's of my students come in with questions. I think it's essential to communicate everything if as teachers and professionals, we are going to help your child succeed. Way to go!!!! (And as for the tears...I understand wanting nothing but the very best for one's child. Sure, it's emotional. I think it should be. So, never feel embarrassed that you show how much you love your child...just tell them to pass the kleenex!)

Sincerely,
4

FisherGirl said...

Amen, Sista! It's frackin' 24F here (-4.4C). The sun is shining, but it's cold. Too cold for April.
The Easter Bunny is going to freeze his little chocolate eggs hopping around here.

Hang in there, it won't be long now.

Em said...

Brrrr... I hope it warms up for you soon!