Thursday, March 01, 2007

In like a lion...


Oh I am SO tired of the snow.

Here's a picture of what the view was from my front window this morning.

It's silly, really. We don't have a gigantic amount of it, we are still mobile. It's just that every day it snows. And every day it is cold. And every day I feel more trapped inside my home. I hate, hate, hate the winter. It is cold outside all the time and I am cold inside my house all day long. We are supposed to get a chinook over the weekend, which will make things a sloppy mess, but hopefully, hopefully it will be the end of the white stuff. Thank goodness for my neighbour who shovels our walk for us EVERY DAY. Are we lucky or what? And winter is the only time I am thankful for a gravel driveway, that means we don't have to shovel it. Lazy, I know.
___________________________________________________

Yesterday we had a Dr's appt. for Harris. He has a big old brown birthmark on his back that has been doing some funky stuff. And seeing as he has red hair and a fair complexion they feel that the spot must come off. What is absolutely amazing to me is how quickly they are moving on it. I've been so used to the usual "hurry up and wait" mode that is our wonderful medical system lately that this is absolutely astounding. The dermatologist has gotten us into see a pediatric plastic surgeon on Monday. How's that for fast? Who knows when the surgery will be, probably in a few months. Unfortunately he will have to go under anesthesia for it, but that will be the biggest risk out of the whole thing, as far as I can tell.

Onto other news with my wonderful little man. He is embracing the Terrible in Terrible Two's with a vengance. He has taken on the name Terrible as his own. It's really starting to drag me down. He had a massive meltdown yesterday leaving my friend Anna's house, I had to carry him away screaming and crying (him not me). Then he did the same when we were at the Dr's office. I could barely hear what the Dr. had to say because of his fit. This has been building for a few weeks now and I am sick of it.

Between the weather and Harris I am ready to head back to work. I mean really. I just need to have a bit of fun. The only good news is that my ankle is healing. But I still can't run on it. And I've been feeling rather sorry for myself and I've been doing nothing good for myself. I really ought to get back to lifting weights and maybe riding the bike or something.

Ugh. I have to stop whining now or I will just keep going on and on and on.

2 comments:

Mitch said...

Hey Lynne,

I'm please that they are not mucking you around with Harris's birthmark. I hope all goes well with the removal.

Sorry he's hit the terrible two's with a vengence, they can be such stubborn little critters can't they.

That's great news that your ankle is healing, how long till they think you can run on it?

Em said...

Sorry Harris is being so grumpy. We've go the same thing starting to happen with little J - those tantrums are coming thick and fast and she's only 16 months!

I can understand that you must be so sick of the snow... if it is any consolation I'm getting mighty tired of all the heat.