Saturday, November 18, 2006

Woo-Hoo!!!!

Lucky ME!!

I decided a while back that the only way I was going to accomplish my goal of training for a half-marathon next summer was to either join a gym or buy myself a treadmill. Well, the problem with the gym is that I would have to use it after the kids went to bed at 8pm or pay for daycare between the hours of 9 and noon, at $3.00 per kid. Not gonna happen.

So I decided to get a treadmill. Maybe it's not the best decision financially, but it makes sense athletically speaking. Well my darling cousin Mark, who is now an assistant manager at a fitness store got me a great deal on a used machine.

It's a few years old, but it works great, and it came with a 2 year parts and labor warranty, even better. All for only $900, not outrageous for a treadmill, and within our budget enough not to make me totally irresponsible.


Here it is!!!

I just used it for the first time and I am SO happy! It's the first time in weeks that I have been able to work out, and even with being alone with all 3 kids I got a great workout in! We are ALL happy! Well, maybe not Junior so much, he's thinks its going to be a big clothes hanger.

I will admit that my "have-to" purchase of an elliptical machine a few years back was a bad idea. But to my defense it makes my feet go numb when I use it, I hate it. I have always liked using the treadmill, even at the gym. So now I have to start marking my calendar and getting my workout plan in order to get in shape for next spring.

Yippee!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Color me jealous :).

Anonymous said...

woo to the hoo! We'll have to keep each other up to date on our mileage. I've been slacking off lately and that is SO not good.

Congrats on the treadmill!

Em said...

I like it!

My new year's resolution (ie, after the move) is to start working out again too - I'd love to tag team!