Thursday, October 12, 2006

I Need to Pack My Angry Eyes Today.....

Why am I so angry? Because I am, that's why.

I'm angry because:

- I got my telephone bill today and it cost $60 to phone home 4 times, for under 20 minutes total, when we were in Vegas last month. God Dammed telephone companies and their deals with hotels to scam travellers. Oh and then there's my telephone company that STILL hasn't given me the $5 off per month of my internet connection that they promised me for being such a loyal customer. Loyalty sure doesn't pay. I mean, if I was a new customer I would have gotten a free I-Pod. Bastards.

- My shoulder hurts!!! Ouch! And the lamest thing ever is that it's not like I did anything to it. I slept on it wrong, again. This has been happening for 2 months now, I wake-up in the morning not being able to lift my arm, then if slowly gets better over the next few days. Then it's all hunky-dory for a week or two until BLAM!, it hurts again. Last time I went to my chiropractor and he helped it feel better, this was my first appt. with over 2 weeks in-between. I'm a week in and it's sore again. WTF?

- My back is sore. It's my bed, and may have something to do with my shoulder, and it's really old and getting a little too saggy, my bed NOT my back! I just know that it's going to be a few more years before there are any new beds in my future. So I would like to get a massage, but when do I book it? In the morning when I have 2 of the 3 kids? Or maybe mid-afternoon when I only have Harris, he can nap on the floor. Or maybe later in the afternoon when I have all 3 of them? NOT! I could book an appt. when Junior is home from work, but oh right! They don't DO evening appointments.

- This leads me to working overtime. Junior is working an average of 20 hours overtime per week. Which may not seem like much for some, but for me it's a lot. This means he starts work at 6:00 am and gets home at 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and then on Saturday works 6:00am until (usually) 2:30pm. He is tired from working so much (only having Sunday off) and so am I. I don't get to do much on my own. I get Tuesday night to go to ceramics but otherwise I'm with Junior or the kids, or all. I feel like I am working overtime too, and I don't feel OK with just taking off for an afternoon on my own when Junior finally gets home from work, it's not really fair to him. The hard part is that we kind of need the overtime $$, it keeps the bills ALL paid (instead of only a select few). But it still pisses me off that we are stuck in this situation of feeling constantly tired.

- My hair! It's too long and I need to get it cut. I just don't know who to get to cut by since my hairdresser quit last year and I haven't yet found anyone who is good. Well, that and the fact that I can't book an appt. without worrying that I'll have to cancel it due to overtime. Ugh!

- Food. Well, as much as I love food it's more of a bitch about cooking. Why-oh-why do I spend all this time thinking up meals (I do a weekly menu-plan), then shopping for the ingredients and then preparing the meals only to feel like I am forcing it down my family's throats. Including Juniors! I do my best to pick out recipes and foods that the kids (and Junior) will like, while still trying to keep my needs intact (by eating those crazy things I like to call "vegetables"). The thing is, I am trying to eat stuff that is more "real", if we have meatballs and pasta, I want good home-made meatballs because I can't stand how the boxed ones taste, or how much they cost. So I have been trying to broaden everyones horizons by making stuff that always sounds really yummy to me, but apparently not to anyone else. How is this remedied I ask? I have no bloody clue. Tonight we are having french fries and chicken nuggets (all pre-done) because I just can't be bothered today.

- I don't like my cats. There, I said it. You heard me. I am tired of them puking on my floor with their hair balls, sleeping on my couch and making a big-assed mess with their hair, whining when their food has two pieces eaten out of the bowl and lastly, tripping me when I try to do stuff around the house. Anybody want two 13 year old cats?

- Poopy diapers. Why is it that boys don't potty train at 2 years old like girls do? I really can't quite figure it out. And you know, if I could get Harris to only poop on the potty I would change all of the wet ones he needed. My God that boy smells. I don't remember the girls smelling quite so rank. And he is so freaking regular! If you smell like that you really ought to be constipated. I mean, really.

Ugh. I think that's it. I'm sure there is more, because I am pissed at the world today. I think I need to go eat a big bag of chips and dip. Too bad (or maybe good thing) I don't have any in the house for just such an occasion. I shouldn't be PMSing because my period is due a whole week away, although with my luck it will come tomorrow or something.

1 comment:

Em said...

G still isn't toilet trained and she is almost 4!!! (It drives me crazy.)

And I hate cooking.

And my husband works to much.

I think the cats would send me over the edge.

Hope you're feeling better today :)