Monday, October 16, 2006

Slowly but sureley...

It's been over 7 months people.

SEVEN months!

But my husband. Such a dear.

Has finally fixed his truck! It's not like it's been a huge deal for me as he only works a 5 minute drive away and has spent the summer biking to and from work. And when he didn't bike to work he was able to catch a ride. It's more the principle of the thing. We are paying insurance on it, and it was taking up the driveway with it's big rusty-ness. And then there's the problem of only having one vehicle, which isn't such a huge deal if we HAD too, but we don't. The fixing of it took $15 and approximately two hours of work. I think he even feels a little lame for procrastonating so long.

Onto other news, which is slightly related to having a vehicle. It snowed today. Like enough that the kids were able to play in the snow and make snowmen.

Ash is home sick with a bad cold (yes, I still let her play in the snow), and Junior came home from work at noon too, nothing like a little snow and snot to make it feel like winter! It's still snowing, and I really hope it stops. I have to walk around for 2 hours with my sure-to-be-cold daughter on Wednesday night selling the minty-fresh Girl Guide cookies. Blech. I digress...the snow.

It's too early to be winter, as much as the kids like the snow, I'm not ready for the bundling up on a regular basis and the constant cold (both the freezy kind and the snotty kind). I would love to live somewhere warm. That would be wonderful. But I don't think it's ever going to happen.

I called my MIL on the weekend and asked she and FIL would like to have their wonderful grandchildren for the weekend. They jumped for joy and said yes! Yippee! I've solved 3 of my grumps from last week. I have booked my massage for Friday night, because that's a priority, and then I will make a hair appointment tomorrow when the salons open, and the 3rd is just having peace and quiet for 2 whole days. Bliss. I'm feeling better already. Oh! Heroes is on and I have to go.

1 comment:

Em said...

I can't believe you've got snow already! The kids look gorgeous.

Enjoy your break. I'm jealous that your in-laws can take all three at once...